Sr Engineer TPApply Now Location: Embassy Manyata Business Park, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, 560045; job id: R0000171937
job family: Space Planning & Design
schedule: Full time
The Sr. Engineer works under the supervision of Sr. Manager to support, learn building engineering system design and store design team programs including design of facilities and remodel efforts, sustainability programs, innovation, and existing facilities support. Participate in the strategic growth of Mechanical engineering department to support the design, construction Drive collaboration and deliver optimized programmatic technical/engineering solutions that fulfil Target’s goals and objectives. Partner with internal teams, to assure the successful completion of all Engineering programs including design of new facilities and remodel efforts, sustainability programs, energy management efforts, innovation, and facilities support. Provide team leadership and brand management of the Target Engineering department through the implementation of Target culture and values
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSBLITIES
Apply engineering principles in projects or processes related to building engineered systems.
- Contributes to the research and application of initial design, retrofit or effective operation of building systems in any of Target’s properties.
- Carries out the completion of engineering studies.
- Applies Target’s project management tools in support of Construction and Operations.
- Utilizes and continues to develop modeling and analytical skills related to building system design.
- Assist in Research of products or systems for incorporation into Target’s prototype designs and specifications.
- Collaborates with A/E/Store planning to resolve project specific design issues
- Supports MPLS teams in the implementation of cyclical replacement programs related to building systems.
- Develops and executes discipline specific special project work.
- Ability to communicate across varying resources without compromising the integrity of the message.
- Ability to work well with team members regardless of level or technical background.
- Ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources and use that information to make informed decisions.
- Ability to approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness and take appropriate partners to achieve solutions.
- Ability and desire to seek out technical training opportunities to increase skills.
- Ability to champion ideas with confidence and ensures that difficult problems are addressed.
- • Ability to accept responsibility for one’s own actions and to demonstrate a high level of consistency between words and actions.
- • Ability to seek creative solutions and overcome obstacles in order to provide optimized engineering solutions.
- • Ability to resolve routine problems independently and consistently achieve work objectives.
- • Ability to handle many projects simultaneously and effectively utilize available resources to complete required assignments.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from recognized university (Mechanical Engineering).
- 7 to 10 years related experience in Engineering/Construction/project execution Consultant engineering firm, contractor, or a manufacturer of building engineered systems
- Exposure of using BIM 360, Autodesk Revit, MicroStation, Bluebeam, Google sketch up, Adobe and Design software.
- Entry Knowledge in design and operation of commercial building engineered systems.
- Familiar with engineering CAD software.
- Ability to work with engineering software programs and project management software.
This description is intended as a guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent’s supervisor.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture