Lead Operations Engineer (Full-Time Remote or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000177270
job family: Process Engineering
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a fortune 30 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our nearly 2,000 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field teams and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they’ll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they’ll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you’ll have success on one of our dynamic teams. A role with Fulfillment Operations means a big opportunity to apply your operations, supply chain and fulfillment experience to continuously improve the strategies that fuel fulfillment processes like Ship from Store, Order Pickup, Drive Up, & Fresh Grocery Pickup.
About this opportunity:
As a Lead Operations Engineer in Store Operations, you will lead assignments and work in cross functional teams to develop, maintain, and apply optimization, simulation, and machine learning models, and utilize data science techniques to evaluate business impacts of adjustments to the way the stores network operates. This includes new processes for fulfillment network management, how we could better utilize individual stores as fulfillment hubs across our nearly 2,000 store network, process changes within a store, inventory and replenishment strategies on backroom space and turnover, algorithm changes for guest order allocation, and more. You will collaborate with stakeholders across product, technology and business teams to effect changes that scale and enhance Target’s store fulfillment offerings. Your role is to help Target maximize the productivity of our stores and make Target fulfillment options as easy as possible for guests. You will work independently and as part of cross-functional teams to support a variety of projects from inception, continuously evolving and making data-driven decisions that will enable Stores Fulfillment to achieve various strategic outcomes for our digital fulfillment services. To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for operations, logistics and supply chain, continuous improvement, data-driven decisions, and an unrelenting guest focus. You will have high energy, intellectual curiosity, and proven track record of delivering results.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in operations, business, engineering, computer science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience, including retail, supply chain, or other relevant experiences
- Experience developing and maintaining advanced optimization, simulation and machine learning models, including SQL experience and familiarity with programming languages Python or R
- Experience leveraging data analysis techniques and tools to inform business decisions
- Deep curiosity and passion for understanding root causes and exploring the “whys” behind a business request—ability to anticipate additional questions and analyses beyond those presented
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to advocate for and present recommendations to senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, forming trusted relationships and influencing others across the enterprise
- Ability to identify, define and resolve ambiguous problems, while managing and adjusting to multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- High accountability for results working both independently and alongside peers across the organization while fostering a culture of openness and inclusivity
- Masters or PhD in quantitative field such as Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Sciences preferred
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,300 to $146,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture