Data & Operations Manager (Full time Remote or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000182134
job family: Digital Marketing
schedule: Full time
Marketing Data & Operations Manager
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company, and one of America’s leading retailers. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and building life-long relationships with our Guests. We pride ourselves on connecting them to our products and creating experiences that build a consumer relationship to the Target brand. In Media Effectiveness, we are data storytellers and problem solvers. We look at marketing through efficiency and effectiveness lenses. An essential part of our job is to build sustainable measurement processes and solutions. We solve complex marketing measurement problems, partner with leadership on strategy, and constantly adapt to a changing marketing ecosystem. Our team leverages modelling outputs from Media Mix Models and Multi-Touch Attribution to deliver insights and inform strategic shifts in campaign and channel allocation. At the heart of these capabilities is accurate and timely data. To ensure data quality, we partner internally and externally across Target departments and media agencies to monitor, measure, and deliver accurate insights. We value creating trust among our partners and Target’s Guests. We are looking for someone to lead Target in fostering privacy compliance and building forward looking solutions to efficiently build impactful analytic tools. With your help we can build a solid data foundation.
You are passionate about data, structured approaches to problem solving, and monitoring process improvement. You are comfortable working with large, complex data ecosystems. You are a subject matter expert in marketing data with experience working with marketing channel datasets and media buying platforms. Taxonomy, tagging, and nomenclature are words that you’re not afraid of. You have a proactive approach that works tirelessly to find solutions to business challenges. You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty in billing & buying systems and are just as willing to lead a multi-team brainstorm to improve data valuation processes with business teams. You embody Target’s values of being Bold, Curious, Accountable, and working as One Team. And of course, you have a passion for media and marketing and an endless thirst to learn more every day. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving, cross-functional marketing team, and build solutions to fix unsolved problems, we want to meet you.
The position requires knowledge of media data, buying platforms and marketing channel landscape.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the media agency and internal activation team to monitor and validate data accuracy going into reporting models.
- Subject matter expert in actualized and planned media to provide business context in validation.
- Work closely with engineering teams to build requirements for monitoring and QA automation. Help engineering teams troubleshoot of data issues by tracing data flows with databases. Provide business rules for training models in machine learning automation processes.
- Work with finance to ensure billing systems align with marketing campaigns to enable measurement of marketing goals.
- Build reporting process and monitoring systems to meet data quality KPIs and Goals.
- Support teams both internal and external across multiple channels including all Owned, Earned, Shared and Paid. Must be at least conversant in all.
- Must be comfortable working across all channels and leading teams to integrate into one.
- Be an expert in marketing data. Minimum deep experience with one or two channels and buying systems, and conversant across all channel data.
- Build relationships across disciplines and with creative agencies.
- Demonstrate leadership in identifying trends, opportunities, issues and best practices and integrating new measurement solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Computer Science or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in marketing analytics and/or marketing operations.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing channel activation & media buying.
- Basic understanding on SQL experience, understanding on building analytics tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, R, Domo and/or equivalent technologies
- Strength in operations and project management.
- Expertise in media trafficking, tracking, measurement and reporting practices
- Experience executing and measuring media plans in excess of $25 million annually
- Hands-on experience with traditional and digital media including social, mobile, video and search
- Proven ability to build consensus among varying constituents
- Worked with cross functional teams on client side for national brands or supported media for a major national client on the agency side
- Agility, communication, and relationship building skills
- Working knowledge of and relationships with marketing analytics vendors is a plus.
- Experience with agile product teams a plus
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is ($62,500-$112,500). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture